The FOLIANT Gemini 400 NG-S laminator maximum sheet size is 38 x 58 cm. The option allows laminating sheets of maximum size 38 x 66 cm. The minimum sheet size is 20 x 30 cm (A4).
The roll of a film is mounted on an easy handle shaft with a film tension control breaker. The shaft capacity is up to 3000 m of the 24 – 31 microns film. The film holder unit is equipped with a trim slitter and a perforating wheel.
The laminating process is done between two laminating rollers – a highly polished chrome roller, and a lower hard rubber pressure roller. The laminating roller is heated with an infra-red heating spiral, with a sensitive contact temperature sensor. The pressure is pneumatically adjustable to achieve an extra high pressure between the laminating rollers. A small compressor is integrated inside the machine frame.
The laminating unit is equipped with an adjustable twin decurl unit:
• With a decurl blade for offset printed sheets decurling
• With a decurl roller for digital printed sheets decurling (to prevent scratches on sheets printed on both sides by digital print with sensitive inks).
The FOLIANT Gemini 400 NG-S is a semiautomatic machine. The feeding is manual. The laminating unit is equipped with a synchronized feeding conveyor and an adjustable side guider for an easy manual loading..
The belt separator (sheeter) is equipped with a separating roller and a deflection wheel. The separated sheets are delivered into a reception unit or a vibrating jogger (options).
The machine laminates the BOPP films (23 – 42 microns). The Nylon films (max 35 microns) can be laminated with the optional module integrated inside the machine separator.
• Maximal Speed: single side 15 m/min
• Feeding System: Manual
• Separation: Automatic
• Paper Weight: 115–350 g/m²
• Main Roller Pressure System: Pneumatic
• Compressor: Included
• Minimal Sheets Size (w×l): 20×30 cm
• Maximal Sheets Size (w×l): 38×58 cm
• Maximal Performance: 1200 B3 / hod.
• Temperature Control: 80–140 °C, Warming Up Time 5 min
• Power Supply: 230 V AC, 50-60 Hz
• Power: 2800 W
• Mechanical Parameters: Floorspace (w×l) 74×220 cm, Weight: 185 kg
• Modular Stand: Standard
* important – the machine have to be operated either with Jogger or Pallet Stacker
Adjustable vibrating reception unit for the laminated sheets stocking. Its capacity is limited up to a 10 cm pile of sheets.
Supply Roll Shaft
Extra Film Supply Roll Shaft for quicker film replacement.
It is a simple adjustable reception unit for stocking the laminated sheets.
Modul XL (38×66)
It is a module for longer sheets lamination (for example the max. size outputs from Xerox iGen4 is 38 x 66 cm).
It is a module integrated inside the machine separator for the Nylon films processing.
Non-sticky pressure roller
Standard pressure roller is replaced by roller with special non-sticky surface. Melted glue from film cannot stick to it at all even under heavy pressure. Cleaning of such roller is not necessary at all. Allows lamination of sheets with cut out windows.
Winding device that allows use of metalized film (gold, silver, red, etc.) and spot varnish film allpied over print from digital printing machine.